Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Rainbow Baby

"Rainbow Baby" as you may know, a rainbow baby is a baby born after a miscarriage
, stillbirth, neonatal death or infant loss.

Many women have had a painful miscarriage experience. Sadly, I am one. Not only once but 4 miscarriages ! Yes 4 losses.

My 1st pregnancy was back in 2014, we did IUI with a fertility specialist doctor. We had no luck after 3 IUI treatments. I went to see a Chinese acupuncturist. Dr. Deng. I tried acupuncture treatment 3 times a week and I was able to get pregnant form the 4th IUI treatment then we lost the baby at 5 weeks :(

The 5th IUI had failed with no hope and I continued my acupuncture treatments 3 times a week with some herbal medicine but my 6th IUI wasn't successful because I didn't have any eggs!! We decided to take a break at this point and go back for IVF treatment later. Anyone who had these procedures will know how hard and stressful they were.

I had been having acupuncture treatments for 9 months then had to stop because we moved out of the state.

I was able to get pregnant naturally soon after we moved in to our new house about 2 weeks !! In October 17, 2015,  the 2nd lost had happened again after 6 weeks of pregnancy. I barely had time to digest everything.

Another loss in December 28, 2015. Yes I had the 3rd miscarriage at over 6 weeks pregnancy!! It was really heartbreaking for us.

I did a lot of research on miscarriages from google and they are so common. Some people had it once, some had more. I felt better to know that I was not alone but it didn't make it any easier to grieve about the pain I was experiencing.

On March 8th, 2016 an unexpected nightmare happened again. It was extremely painful. I was so lost, hopeless, fearful, upset, angry, and worried. I didn't want to hear, talk, see or be near pregnant women or babies or kids. I was in tears. I knew it was unfair for those mamas and babies but I couldn't help it. I couldn't go to birthday or baby showers. I cried many days and nights.

We went back and forth to the Dr. office. Doctor did so many tests they could to find out what was the cause of my miscarriages but they couldn't find anything wrong. We also did the chromosome test both my husband and I and everything came out normal. The doctor said at this point, I may have a hundred more miscarriages or I might able to have a baby anytime soon. We just don't know!!

I was sunk into the darkness with a broken heart and gave up on everything. I lost all hope and told myself I will not think about it again. I was ready to find a job leave everything buried deep in my empty heart.

After the rough storms came through with all the hopes and dreams, losses and tears, wishes and prayers, on June 22nd, 2016 I got the unexpected news I was pregnant with our rainbow baby girl named "Ella" we named her after her great great grandma.

Baby Ella
SAMANTHA PARKS portraiture Photography
http://www.spportraiture.com

                                      
Baby Ella
SAMANTHA PARKS portraiture Photography
http://www.spportraiture.com

For everyone who has had the same experiences, please stay strong, cheer yourself up and once the storm has gone, a bright and beautiful rainbow will come. It doesn't matter if it's only a light shower, sprinkle rain, severe storm, thunderstorm, tornado, or hurricane, the sky will be bright and shiny. We might get several storms but at the end, the rainbow will brighthten up the sky after the storm gone through.

Wish and Pray for everyone. Lots of love and hugs to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment